Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Last Blossom Of The Season

 


Yesterday's sketches and scribbles were inspired by my amaryllis. This amaryllis blossom in the glass of water was the last living bloom off of the dying plant. I cut it off the leaning stalk and saved it and threw rest away as it was fairly well disintegrated. Oh, how I love the amaryllis blossom. Wonderful! Lovely! And often... colorful. This one is almost pure white except for some very exquisite pale, rosy streaks. 

I had thought this one would turn out red and white but somehow, I think maybe it was too cold on the plant table at night, and the color decided not to come out and play at all. 

Pooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Quick Paintings

  (16x20) 2024 "God's Eye" (16x20)  2024  "Orange" (11x16)   2024  "Yellow Wave" (16x20)   2024  "Dan...