Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Paper Painting

 It has been a while since I have posted. I have been busy with mundane and cozy things regarding health and home- appointments, errands, cooking, and spending time with hubby. I have been in the studio, mostly to draw, sketch, clean, and paint papers for future collage. My goal is to make 100 papers to stockpile in a basket for my collage work.

The first set I painted over old journal pages. The paint was transparent and didn't have very nice color, or good coverage. They were metallic and I believe were meant to be painted over more opaque pigment as a glaze. Oh, well. I learned something new. My second set was black & white on cream paper. They were simpler and interesting. I expect I will loosen up as the project progresses.

It was all so calming and fun!






1 comment:

  1. What a good use for old journal pages! I am transcribing some journals and am considering this for the pages I want to discard.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Quick Paintings

  (16x20) 2024 "God's Eye" (16x20)  2024  "Orange" (11x16)   2024  "Yellow Wave" (16x20)   2024  "Dan...